megastir Mega means big or large stir because I like to mix it up



Thursday, July 28, 2005 :::
 

star crossedIt was the first time I had been at close quarters with an American girl, and I wondered if all American girls were like her. I hadn’t wit enough to realize that she was not at all typical. Her quick mind and changing moods bewildered me, while her outlook on life was so different from what I conceived such a girl's outlook would be.

I was more often than not perplexed rather than enchanted by her. I could never anticipate what she would say or do next.

Of only one thing was I sure, that was that whatever she said or did, it was bound to be unexpected and utterly charming. There seemed, too, something almost hysterical in her make-up. Her temper was quick and stormy, and that seemed at odds with her laid back California cool. She relied on herself and little on me, which did nothing but reduce my ideal of self.

Her equality with me was disconcerting, and at times I was amazed at the bizarreness of her intrusion upon my island adventure. Imagine, she was staying over at a luxurious hotel. It was all on par with her green bikini and flowing blonde mane.

At any rate, she did look the part. And that was what I couldn’t get past. Had she been short-haired, heavy-jawed, large-muscled, hard-bitten, and utterly unlovely in every way, all would have been well.

I could have moved on.

Instead she was hopelessly and deliciously feminine. Her hair fascinated me, it was so generously beautiful. And she was so slender and pretty this woman/girl. It rather cut me like a knife to see her, with quick,comprehensive eyes and that sharply beautiful body, she launched through the surf. In imagination I could see her ripping a wave or spinning a loop, and it made me shudder.

Then, too, she was so many-sided. Her knowledge of literature and art surprised me, while deep down was the feeling that a girl who knew such things was clearly far smarter than me. Such things in her brain such crazy experiences she had already had. While for such a girl to insist that she was going to be staying on the island made me dizzy with the possibilities, but of course as with all creatures this precious, she was smitten by another.


::: posted by Mega at 9:28 AM





Comments: Post a Comment





_______________
do you have a license to do this?
_______________

Mega means big or large stir because I like to mix it up



MegaReads:
Flagrant
Rainwater Harvest Project
topless waterskiing
anti is always amusing
sex money & power
tight new megablog
TonyPierce
big tanky Rules! Read it
Canadian chicks kick ass!


Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise